Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Just Breathe...Just Breathe

Breathing on land is so natural...nothing a person even has to think about...it just happens. Why can't that translate while swimming?

All swimmers have a comfortable side to breathe on. My comfy side is my right.  Tonight I did a lot of work breathing bi-lateral.  It had to have been 30 + minutes into the exercise before I felt like I wasn't a fish out of water on my left.  I still have a lot of progress to be made!!

On a bright note for my training today...I ended my session with 6 100's tonight. Here is the exciting part I completed the first three on 1:40 the last three were 1:43, 1:48, and 1:47 respectively. Not too bad since three weeks ago I was at a 2:15!!

I also told my coach I will sign up for my first ever swim meet in about a month...oh no what did I get myself into...that means flip turns....

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I vary between being bi-lateral and a staunch leftie!
    You know if you enter a meet, not only are there flip turns, but don't forget the starts! Fortunately you can do in-water starts. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did think about the start. It freaks me out. :-) I was thinking I am going to look like the 4-5 year olds at Matthew's meets that jump in feet first to start their races...or even worse present a huge belly flop. haha

    I am thankful that after reading your post that it sounds like I can start inside the pool! I know it takes away some time, but an outside start for me might also hender my time worse. hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Swim meets are a great way of meeting other swimmers from all over. This year I felt like a fool when I took off the blocks and entered the pool I realized that I forgot to tie my speedo! Ya..right...a great Kodak moment! Your gonna find out that there are a lot of slower and unseasoned swimmers then you. Don't worry, just enjoy the moments! Keep up the intense training for your Anacapa Channel Crossing! You have one of the most focused training routines I have ever seen!

    Love ya...Julian

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Julian. I am not sure how intense my training is quite yet. It has definitely been fun though!

    ReplyDelete