Monday, April 30, 2012

Body Surfing in San Clemente -- 4/29/2012

I believe I felt like I body surfed the waves more so than actually swimming in the water.  It was a tough entrance and exit for me today.  I did it though!  I truly didn't think I was going to make it out, but after about 15 minutes or so I finally caught a break along with two others, Carol and Marc, with a break in the swells.   I had reached a point telling myself "well I guess it will be a play day for me vs. swim day" thinking I would never make it out.  It felt like I had 15 + waves coming in at once.  By the time the swells stopped I did finally feel like I was getting the grasp at timing the waves. 

I had to remind myself swimming in the open water has all kinds of aspects to conquer.  While I can get out and in with waves I can't by any means say I have conquered the waves.  Yesterday I might have made a small step toward my quest to conquer the wave breaks.  The ocean is such a powerful force I may never fully conquer the art of swimming through the breaks without exuding a good portion of my energy, but I know I will absolutely get better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment