Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Back in the pool!

Well with nearly 3 weeks off I finally made it to a Newport Masters Swimming practice.  Coach Jim added a handful of swimmers since I last caught a workout. Of course I am still the slowest and I know virtually no other stroke,but my dependable freestyle. I did try his lap workout for a quick flutter of breast stroke with the arms and freestyle kick. That was interesting for me to say the least!

Great news even though travel for work, swim camp, and my passion for the ocean had kept me away from the pool my speed actually remained the same and in some 100's even improved by a whopping 2 seconds. I am still holding 1:40 to 1:42. I am so happy about this.

One mental note I should really work on my flip turns so I actually look like a swimmer since there are other teammates now. 

I did about 2900 yards tonight. About 30 min left and coach came over to me and offered some variation for me suggesting some laps with my gear. His comment was since you only have one gear do you want to use your gear to kick it up? (Hee hee I really do think that was funny and oh so true...I have one speed and it is slow,but it is everlasting) I played with my new FINIS paddles I got from swim camp and really liked them. I managed to keep them on my hands and they didn't kill my shoulders! With my gear on my 100's went from 1:40 to 1:28...still not as fast as some there tonight, but for me I felt like LIGHTENING!!!

It was a fun workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment