Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Day 2&3 Swim Camp

Okay so it's a little later than I would have liked to post and out of order with my random thought posted but here it is anyway...it goes without saying LOVED Jamie's swim camp. The weather was perfect and so was the group of swimmers who attended.

I was there with so many accomplished swimmers from fastest in their age group to multiple channel swimmers.  The best part of the camp I would have to say was getting to know these amazing swimmers. They were all so welcoming to everyone including me who is slowest in her age group and aspires to be a multiple channel swimmer.

The group there was training from anything between pier to pier swims to the Catalina Channel or the English Channel to the Sea of Cortez! Yes remarkably the Sea of Cortez...one of the wildlife to keep watch for on this swim is the giant squid!  They travel in groups which could pose a problem...I am excited to see updates of Paul's swim once it starts!!! Jamie himself is doing what is being called Tahoe 360...swimming the perimeter of Lake Tahoe nearly 70 miles non stop. As you can see I was in elite company for the sport of marathon swimming.

I got the most swimming in day 1, but averaged probably 4-5 miles a day. I felt great that my body held up really nicely for a 7.2 distance day 1 about 5 day 2 and maybe 4 day 3!

It was a no stress weekend with swimming at your will until your heart or body was content, whichever came first and great food!

Definitely a memorable weekend with new friends made! I am already signed up for next year to hopefully see all of the same faces and even more hearing about what fantastically crazy swims have been concocted since Jamie Patrick's Swim Camp 2.0!

No comments:

Post a Comment