Saturday, April 28, 2012

Surf, kelp and Howard as my guardian again...

What a swim today! Howard was kind enough to make sure I got out safely at the start. I got tumbled a little and as I saw a surfer come right at me I said to Howard "Oh $£!+" I thought I was going to lose my goggles on that one. I wasn't sure what my miles would be this morning because I went at it thinking I will take it easy today and have my long swim Sunday.

I followed Howard the entire lap to the main beach buoy. There was a ton of kelp today. However unlike last weekend when I was cursing at it this weekend I took the high road road and said "thanks for the extra shoulder and upper body workout as I pulled through it".

The exit of my solo lap today...oh what fun?! Yes I yet again BA'd the shore with my bottoms coming down, however, I don't think anyone saw considering the waves white wash was powerful enough to throw me to the ocean floor. I came up a little out of sorts and then again heard Howard's guidance for me hollering from the shore. I couldn't make it exactly out, but I am pretty sure I heard now swim fast!!! As I turned to see him I think he was about ready to get back in and pull me in. I am lucky to have a group that includes Howard to look out for me and every other swimmer in the water. :-)

I opted out for another lap because today I felt like chatting with everyone instead of another lap. There is always tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment